Wednesday, August 26, 2015

15 Hour Layover...

Who says a 15 hours layover can't be fun?


Try taking one in Tokyo! Its such an organized and easy-to-get-around city. I was able to arrive without any previous knowledge of Japanese language, and without a tour book and still have quite a fun time! I was able to take a train to "fabric town" and look at (and buy :)) some beau-ti-ful Japanese fabric, have a lunch, and get back to take a rest in the "refresh room" of the airport hotel, all without any hiccup except for the fact that I accidentally ordered a spiked drink for lunch (I promise, it wasn't my intention. Remember, I was sick).

Here are some pictures from the rainy day spent in Tokyo!





Transferring trains (from the Monorail to the JR subway line) in Hamamatsucho.


Cool street in neighborhood in Nippori,
also called "fabric town."
Japanese linen store. Eeek!

Restaurant where I had my lunch.

 

Dipping noodles for lunch. Yum! (Spiked drink in top right)

Dinner at the airport.
 


Ueno Onshi Park

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I didn't even realize you go to explore Japan. The food looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I didn't even realize you go to explore Japan. The food looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete